MSI Services Pvt. Ltd. is currently hiring suitable candidates for the role – Tech Support (Information System Support) within our business operations in Bangalore, India.
This position is accountable for ensuring accurate and timely technology support and First line support (L1) issue
resolution for internal customers. Specialist will interact with customers via phone or email to provide guidance
and assistance as directed by customer needs and urgency. Resolve everyday requests and complex hardware
and software issues working with Information Systems (IS) analysts and engineers as needed. Follows up on
inquiries to ensure client satisfaction and works with direct supervisor to recommend processes to improve
overall service delivery. Adheres to organizational values and standards.
1. Customer Service: Meets and exceeds customer expectations in responding to all service requests. Works
within the guidelines and procedures established for the IS Support Desk. Works with all IS associates to deliver
quality service. Reviews all assigned work orders on a daily basis. Identifies work order patterns that signal a
major issue and escalates to the direct or appropriate IS Manager as needed.
2. Phone Support: Answer calls and respond to voice mails within the defined and documented timeframe.
Resolve as many requests over the phone as possible. Sets up user IDs for new HRH associates. Requests that
cannot be resolved within a standard 30 minute window at first pass are delegated to analysts or engineers as
appropriate for resolution. Work with IS associates and IS management to prioritize escalate and dispatch calls
3. Problem Tracking Data Quality: Ensure data is entered into the ITSM software accurately and at the time the
request is received. Maintain regular updates as needed and follow up with IS associates as needed for full work
4. Continuous Improvement: Strives to improve customer service, identifies process improvement opportunities,
and recommends solutions as appropriate. Participates in initiatives to address service issues.
5. Project Work: Provides support for initiatives such as a system go-live or upgrade as assigned by the Project
Management Office (PMO) and/or IS management and in accordance with assigned schedules.
6. Technical Currency: Maintains industry, organizational, and departmental knowledge. Maintains appropriate
certifications and seeks out peer mentoring from other IS associates.
Desired Candidate Profile
1. The Candidate should have the ability to multi-task, prioritize and ability to learn more and be flexible.
2. The candidate must have excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal & written) skills with all levels
of employees and management
3. The candidate should have excellent PC skills and should be well versed with Microsoft Products like Excel,
Word and Access (optional).
4. This job may also require using various applications (Microsoft or others).
5. Goal-oriented, motivated self-starter, with excellent organizational skills and Strong problem solving skills
6. Strong attention to details and Good follow up skills.
7. Ability to work effectively with other organizations and individuals at all levels with minimal supervision
and assumes accountability for issues until final resolution.
8. Flexible to night shifts is mandatory. (9.00pm to 6.00am)
9. Associates degree highly desired OR 2-4 years of equivalent work experience.
10. Minimum of 2 years working in IT support role.
11. Minimum 2 years of experience in a customer service role.
12. Experience with guiding others on how to use various computer applications.